Thursday, May 21, 2009

What's on the menu?

Funny how the minute the weather cools I begin thinking of food! We've been indulging in quite a few hearty winter type meals lately and I've even pulled the bread maker out again.
Hannah's amazing kindy made this soup last week and it is going to be our tea tomorrow night with a warm loaf of fresh bread. You can almost feel this soup keeping the flu bugs away!

Margot's 9 Veg soup

2 onions
2 potatoes
1 turnip
2 zucchinis
1/2 small pumpkin
1/4 cabbage
2 sticks celery
2 carrots
2 squash
2 tbs chicken stock powder
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
knob of butter
vegie oil
water
salt and pepper to taste

Method: chop all vegies into small cubes. Fry onions in oil and butter until soft. Add all vegies and fry until sealed (not browned)
Add enough water to just cover vegies.
Add Chicken stock powder and lemon pepper.
Simmer on low heat until vegies are soft.
Blend with a bamix or blender.
Adjust seasoning to taste.

ENJOY!

Tonight's tea is sausage meatballs with peas and spaghetti from Jamie Oliver's "At Home" book.

I must not be the only one thinking about food because I went to visit my friend Nic the other day and she had baked a mountain of choc chip cookies - the recipe is on her blog "through my eyes" and I can personally say they were about the best choc chip cookies I have ever eaten!

Go Eat and enjoy!
Keep smiling,
Nell

No comments: