Happy New Year!!!
We had a very wet Christmas at my parents farm (in "sunny" Queensland) Our stay was extended because of the flooding so we arrived home late on New Years Eve too tired to do anything but go to bed!
I can't tell you how much I have missed not having the quiet days between Christmas and New Years - this is usually my pondering, pottering, reflecting and wondering time and I feel strangely like I am not yet in the right head space for it to be 2011.
I haven't even written my New Years Resolutions yet! I think that is partly because each year I seem to make the same ones - which means I am obviously not keeping them! Perhaps it is because they have not been measurable/accountable enough?
The reason my Creative Memories business has been so successful in 2010 is that I kept my goals measurable and they had a definite timeline so maybe I need to do the same thing for my New Years Resolutions?
In 2011 I will:
* Be a Better Friend which means I will send birthday cards and presents on time - and try to be a better present giver and each week I will call/email/write/contact a friend I haven't talked to in a while (need to diarise this!)
* Be a Better Parent - which means I will set aside more time for 1:1 time for my children and I will try to develop some better strategies for the days they drive me crazy
*Keep a tidier house - which means getting back into fly lady routines and continuing the purge and declutter regime.
* Get more efficient with paperwork (I have bought an accordian file for CM paperwork and another for the kindy Governing Council stuff)
* Shop more from my stash (being forced into this one thanks to Jane closing the doors of my local patchwork shop!) I am already trying not to bring more un-necessary items into this house but I really want to think more about what I buy as a consumer this year too.
* Finish a project before I start a new one (trying to keep the UFOs under control)
*Go to bed (lights out - that means no reading in bed either) before 10.45pm
I am sure that there are lots of others too but the kids are hassling me for lunch so now is not the time to concentrate! I will be back soon with some favourite Christmas shots and a New Year's Giveaway.
Wishing you a New Year full of promise and possibilities!