Monday, February 16, 2015

February Taking Stock

Making : more time for exercise (jogging and bike riding!)
Cooking : Malteser Icecream Sandwiches - soooo good and my kids love them (and maybe me just that little bit more!)
Drinking : decaf coffee and lots of water
Reading: "Tea Time for the Traditionally Built" and "Chase" and about to start "The turn of the Screw" for rav reading group
Wanting: To try my hand at peg dolls (2 peg doll books in my book depository wish list)
Looking: Through knitting magazines (10 cents each at the op shop - oh happy days!)
Playing: Firefighters and aeroplanes at kindy
Deciding: I need a canvas with a quote about morning sunshine to remind me to be more of a morning person!  I've pinned one off of www.soulemama.com that I saw a thousand years ago and loved
Wishing: there was enough time to knit everything I want to
Enjoying: time with crafty friends
Waiting: for our big trip to New Zealand
Liking: how enthusiastic Dan is about his learning since he joined Mr D.'s class
Wondering: If the doctor's scales will still say I've lost 3 kilos tomorrow or if the icecream sandwiches have really screwed me over!
Loving: My 3 cherubs
Pondering: How quickly the year is flying
Considering: Whether I need a stash of Bendigo 10 ply (since I keep seeing so many patterns using 10 ply and I don't seem to have any!)
Buying: Op shop doileys and German rolls from the lobethal bakery
Watching: Downton re-runs
Hoping: To get a new chook tomorrow
Marvelling: at how Maddie can have so many bumps and bruises and still come up smiling
Cringing: at how dirty the girls white school socks are
Needing: an early night
Questioning: why so many people feel the need to fill their kids lunchboxes with processed, over packaged junk
Smelling: awesomely good basil that has gone nuts
Wearing: Kindy clothes (polo shirts and shorts and sandshoes)
Following: pinterest (way too many crochet ideas)
Noticing: that I am a happier person if I get the work/family/life/me time balance right
Knowing: that we don't have a small house, we just have too much stuff
Thinking: about the great de-clutter and learning to let go of things that don't work
Admiring: clutter free spaces
Sorting: Dan's room tomorrow, my sewing corner later in the week
Getting: frustrated at how quickly kids mess up where you just cleaned
Bookmarking: ravelry patterns - sooo many!
Coveting: Bendigo Wool's new "Bloom" collection (which is on special for $10 a ball until the end of February)
Disliking: the neighbourhood cats that wake me up at 3.00 a.m. every morning!
Opening: Another tape runner refill
Giggling: Over a silly thermomix spoof on you tube
Feeling: Knackered after a busy day at kindy, then piano, then karate
Snacking: Trying hard not to, but if I do, a small handful of almonds
Comforting: Maddie with the bump on her head
Helping: make meals for Bridget, and a bunny for the Mirabel foundation, and some little handknits for a kindy families foster baby
Hearing: Top gear in the background, and the hum of the fish bubbler, and the silence of 3 little people dreaming in their beds.
Happy Monday to you!

No comments: