Monday, July 24, 2017

Taking Stock - Jul

Stealing Pip's list again as I really love to look back over these blog posts from year's past to see where we are at and what has changed. Unfortunately I left the ipad at work so no photos today!

Making : A chevron crochet blanket for our loungeroom (it is just long enough to cover my knees now!)
Cooking : Peppermint bark for our Christmas in July Dinner and cream mustard chicken (known forever in our house as "Lisa's chicken" after the friend who gave me the recipe) at Hannah's request
Drinking : chai tea - I don't like a lot of chai but the lipton's chai tea bags are my standard night time drink
Reading: The last of the Outlander novels. I am going to miss Jamie and Claire.  I also read quite a few good reads over the holidays - light hearted and easy but I now can't remember any of the titles LOL
Trawling: Bendigo Woollen Mills site again, and again, and again..
Wanting: them to bring out some tweedy yarns in luxury
Looking: forward to catching up with some very dear old friends next month, lace weekend, and quilt retreat.
Deciding: that we probably need more heating than just the fire since no one else seems to want to light it.
Wishing: For ducted reverse cycle - oh to hit a button and be warm!
Enjoying: Knitting, quilting, spinning and playing with new products
Waiting: for Spring
Liking: My boy's brave decision to go on a week long school camp - pushing out of his comfort zone, this kid is growing up.
Wondering: how he will go?
Loving: My electric blanket
Pondering: Spring planting..what to put where..should I have ordered more roses? When will we start our Central Park tribute garden?
Listening: to the last episode of Master Chef
Considering: how to enjoy my kindy days on site as much as my kindy days in the bush
Buying: wool, and fibre, and two tickets to the school star gazing night
Watching: Anne with an "E" on netflix. Not convinced yet.
Hoping: For more sunshine
Marvelling: at how a house can get messy so quickly
Cringing: at how a house can get messy so quickly!
Needing: a couple of days at home to get things sorted
Questioning: the best natural product to scrub the bathroom walls with?
Smelling: wet dog and wood fire smoke
Wearing: wool socks, gumboots, bush kindy garb
Noticing: the first of my jonquils are flowering
Knowing: Winter will not last forever
Trouble-shooting: new computer dramas
Thinking: We need to sort out that top room so it is more functional
Admiring: People that like cleaning
Getting: Frustrated at marketing campaigns - so many stupid ads at the moment
Bookmarking: patterns on ravelry
Opening: my ludite mind to new technology
Closing: old habits that no longer work
Dreaming: of getting the balance right consistently
Hearing: the sound of the fish bubbler
Celebrating: the start of term 3
Pretending: my babies aren't growing up
Embracing: life and all of the good, sweet,simple things.

Have a good week!
Keep smiling,
Nell


No comments: