Sunday, October 22, 2017

This is still my blog..

You know I happened to notice, as I prepped for yet another Blog Hop tonight, that this blog has definitely taken a CTMH turn of late.  That is okay, in fact I know it makes quite a lot of people quite happy, but I wanted you to know that this is still my crafty, knitty, chatty, tell about my kids and my life and my messy, messy house place.  I will be back with these kind of posts very soon I promise.  Just as soon as I can get all of this stinking technology to work easily for me.  Right photos on the right devices etc etc.

We have just come back from a glorious 4 days on the Eyre Peninsula.  SO GOOD. I was a grumpy pants and didn't want to go because it felt like there was a gazillion things I could be doing at home (linen cupboard clean out anyone? Any takers for scrubbing the bathroom grout?) and like it would waste (?!?!) a whole week of holidays.  Of course Prince James was right (he usually is although I try not to tell him so too often) and what I actually needed was a whole week just chilling and walking aimlessly on a beach picking up mother of pearl.  We caught fish and I cleaned them and gutted them and filleted them like I have been doing it all my life (funny the things you know how to do but don't do often) and then we ate them freshly pan-fried in salt and pepper and flour and butter and they were so good. So unfishy.  We ate fish and chips on the beach and fed the leftovers to the seagulls. We watched the sun set.  I did a lot of thinking about how I want to carve out moments, even whole days, to recapture that sense of nowhere to be and nothing to do as we plummet pellmell into a crazy term 4.  I knitted A LOT, and I handwrote some cards (which is something I never do but really like to do) and I did so much daydreaming and thinking of projects.  A lot of the photos of Port Lincoln ended up on Instagram.  When I can get them off my phone I will try to add them here.

Anyhow, it is late and I digress.  Just wanted to let you know that I am aware of the lack of knitterly/bakerly/crafterly photos and posts and will remedy it sometime soon!
Spring has totally Sprung here - blossom everywhere and my roses are all budding beautifully.  I did a bit of a front step makeover - love to sit on this chair for  a quick cuppa and listen to the birdsong.  Happy, Happy Spring!
Keep smiling,
Nell


No comments: