Friday, November 26, 2010

On the first day of Christmas...

My friend Nic over at nicolewood.blogspot.com is hosting a 12 days of Blogging Christmas Goodness so I thought I would join in (and I told her that I would only start on the first day of December after the baby girl's birthday celebrations) but yesterday Maddie and I had a very good oppy shoppy day (my local, Nairne Market is having a half price sale)  For the princely sum of $6.50 I got a crane truck for the sandpit, 2 school shirts for Hannah, 2 summer tops for me and this kind of kitsch but cute Christmas plate (haven't decided yet whether to give it away with Christmas treats on it or keep it for us) But the real steal for the day was these:
4 vintage linen tablecloths from John Martins.  I love the poppy one and was seriously thinking of keeping it for myself but I know a very special lady who is turning 90 before Christmas and these will just make her day (and keep those hands busy for a while yet!)

Last night was our Creative Memories Unit Meeting Christmas Dinner so I whipped these up for the girls as a bit of a thankyou - wish I had thought to take a picture of all of them before they went as these are the "leftovers".  You basically just wrap some nice scrapping paper around a block of chocolate and decorate with whatever embellishments you have handy (I used our "Very Merry" Embellishments kit and paper ribbon for some and the new Reminisce range for the rest.  They looked great piled on the table with bon bons and I think it would be handy to have a few spare for those last minute "oops I forgot about the neighbours/postman/babysitter" Christmas gifts. So there you have it; bloggy Christmas idea number one.  Stay tuned for next time when I show you what to do with an overactive imagination and two christmas tea-towels!  Oh, and if you are thinking of visiting, don't do it today - Dan and I are far too busy crafting and pottering to be bothered about the crumbs and the washing!

1 comment:

Nic Wood said...

Wow that was quick -thanks for joining in. Enjoy your crafting day with Dan. How about the 6th or 7th for a crafing day?

Nic xxx