Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mug Rug Love

I recently had a birthday.  While it was not quite a "big" birthday it was made very, very special in lots of ways.

One of those ways was by lots of technology.  Through the joys of texting and facebook I got messages from so many of my lovely friends, Creative Memories buddies and extended family (even 3 of my Aunts that I hadn't heard from for a while)  My hubby spoiled me with an ipod and a new smart phone (welcome to the 21st century Nell!!!) Now I just have to work out how to use the damn thing LOL!

Another of those ways was through relationships - last year I went the whole day at work without anyone knowing it was my birthday.  This year the girls were determined that EVERYONE would know so I was thoroughly spoilt by gorgeous children and parents and staff (including a special brown paper package tied with my fav red and white spots - thanks www.bananarunkin.blogspot.com ) I had lots of hugs from sweet kidlets.  My teaching buddy made my favourite lemon almond cake.  My own kids each made their own handmade cards and decorated a sponge cake with way too many marshmallows and spearmint leaves!  Then my baby brother rang and announced that my sweet new niece, Izabella Grace, had put in an appearance on my birthday!!!!  It doesn't get much better than that.

And then there was this little handmade bit of love.  A very thoughtful present from my clever friend Nic www.nicolewood.blogspot.com  I love the quilting on it.  I love that it is in my colours and custom made to match my Happy Place!  Most of all I love that someone took the time, and the care, and the thoughtfulness to make it just for me.  Handmade Love.

It makes me happy every time I see it!!!

What makes you happy?

p.s.  This weekend we are at a quilting course with Lorraine Cocker.  Today I finally mastered the art of stippling - watch this space!

1 comment:

Karen Middleton said...

So glad you had such a wonderful birthday! You deserve it!