Thursday, October 4, 2012

EEEKKK!!!

Yesterday I bought a sewing machine that was worth more than my first car.  I am shamelessly justifying this purchase as the last 10 years of SAHM bonuses and rationalising that if I get 10 years out of it then it is really only a couple of hundred dollars a year (or approximately the cost of getting one biggish quilt professionally quilted)  I am also justifying it by the fact that I have been working pretty hard lately and the next 5 weeks fulltime will more than pay for it (and I KNOW that when those kindy kids are being less than angelic, and those 27 school-leavers reports are looming I can smile serenely knowing that there is plenty of quality sewing time ahead.

I pick up "the new girl" Saturday morning.
Eeekk and YAY!

1 comment:

Miss Nicky said...

Congratulations on your new 'baby' Nell! No need to justify it sweetie as it goes under the 'makes me happy' category. And it keeps you in your sewing room and out of hubbys hair which equals peace and quiet for him! Enjoy your new toy, I can't wait to see what you make with it xo