Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Well the last of the presents has been wrapped.  The ham glaze is done. The salads are done. The pavlova comes out of the oven in 10 minutes.  The rocky road and rumballs and white Christmas is cut and packed and ready.  I am (finally) sitting with a cup of tea and listening to the carols, waiting patiently for Santa.

It will be an awesome Christmas.  My kids get to spend Christmas day with both sets of grandparents - something that has NEVER happened.  It made my heart melt to hear them talking about it.  They said it is like having an extra-special present! Bless them.  I love that they understand that people are more important than things.

Speaking of things, there are a LOT of presents under the tree.  I think next year I will be sensible and go back to the old "Something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read" - and next year I want to keep things in perspective and not rush around like a headless chook.

So anyway, wherever you are, whoever you are, however you celebrate, Merry Christmas, Peace and Blessings!
Nell
xxxxx

No comments: