Sunday, February 2, 2014

Just some stuff...

So what do you do while this sweet baby girl is at kindy? You fill the morning with meaningless busy work; the post office run,a few loads of washing, some groceries... and then in the afternoon you make her a new skirt just because you can and because you hope that some part of her will know how much she was missed.
This week will be easier as I am working a few days and have spinning on Thursday and some friends to catch up with. Last week I wasn't quite ready for company. I needed to have these days to adjust to the end of an era and the start of something new. I have finished my second set of socks on two straight needles.
I think the little Miss was suitably impressed.
On Friday Close to My Heart hosted a "Pyjama Party" online at Big Picture Classes. I really enjoyed listening to Ali Edwards (who I have long been a fan of) and Stacey Julian. Some of the stuff that Stacey was saying made so much sense to me. I have always struggled with feeling like I need to scrapbook chronologically and yet some of my favourite pages have been collections of photos around a theme (like the layouts of the kids taken each month on their birthdate for the first 12 months) or layouts of the 3 of them in similar poses as babies. So I have done something scary and signed up for Stacey's "Inspired Scrapping" 12 month course. January's topic was Seasons - not so much calendar seasons as "seasons of life" so this was my first layout for that theme.
And this is the layout from the Pyjama Party (modified to make it into a double page layout)
I am really enjoying my scrapping lately. I think that finally I have got over some of the grief of last year and can really focus on enjoying Close To My Heart and all of those yummy new products. Have an awesome week! Keep smiling , Nell

No comments: