Sunday, February 10, 2019

Taking Stock February

Now that the kids are back at school and life has settled a little I thought it might be time for another taking stock post
Making : Lots and lots and lots of mittens (this pattern "Kidlett Mittenz" on rav - which is quick and perfect for scrappy charity knitting)  Most of my mittens take somewhere between 30-40grams of wool which makes them the perfect scrappy project



Cooking : Pork roast
Sipping : Pepper Jack shiraz
Reading: Actually in between books - just finished "The Glovemaker's Daughter" and haven't started the new one from the library
Looking: forward to a cooler week this week.  Bring on Autumn
Listening: to a lot of different things through Google on Spotify, most often Norah Jones and Van Morrison
Wishing:I had more kindy work
Enjoying: lots of knitting, and more time for papercrafting
Waiting: for Autumn
Liking: that the pantry is still clean, and the kitchen is not too bad, and the loungeroom is cleaner than usual
Loving: the anticipation of Fibre Feast and Bungaree (paid deposit for both this week) Crafty time with Crafty friends is always welcome
Buying: new curtains for the loungeroom and a new toilet seat for the downstairs bathroom
Happy about: my gorgeous new vintage 1930s retro teapot (a gift from my lovely cousin)
Watching: the new series of Call the Midwife
Hoping: I enjoy being back working in childcare - a bit of a change for me but looking forward to a baby fix
Needing: To get more acrylic wool to finish a blanket for AKWAK
Wearing: my pyjamas (lazy day at home) - but have really been loving wearing summer dresses
Following: The Close To My Heart Blog and lots of crochet people on instagram
Noticing: How much the weather dictates my mood
Sorting: so many things - my walk in, the kitchen, the laundry..everyone seems to be on a bit of a decluttering binge at the moment
Getting: anxious about the lack of regular income coming in
Saving: money where ever I can (I have really been pretty good at only buying essentials lately - although I did splurge a little when my cousin was in town and we did the touristy thing in Hahndorf and Strath last week - I found a quilt shop I didn't know about - that was dangerous!
Giggling: over silly comedy reruns
Coveting: a Canon Selphie printer - maybe for my birthday?
Hearing: the two big ones discussing MKR in the loungeroom - that show is disgusting! How can they let contestants be such poor role models?
Obsessing: over getting projects finished while our Cold Sheep group have a knitalong happening - I've knitted almost 4000 yards!
Grateful for: a midweek getaway with my boy.  The band we were going to see cancelled but we still had an awesome time playing tourist in Melbourne
Praying: my cousin's son makes a full recovery after a nasty car accident last night
Cherishing: time spent with family and friends.  Already a few reminders this year that life is short and you have to make the most of it.
Have a good week!
keep smiling,

Nell

No comments: