Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mental Health Weekend




Oh Spring Glorious Spring!!!  Today I spent the afternoon outside knitting on a blanket under the plum blossom while my kids enjoyed the sandpit and the garden.  I started knitting my "Light Speed" shawl (look on Ravelry - it is a really unusual knit!)  The smell of the blossom was divine.  I was frequently joined by the slobbery labrador, the free range chooks, and this sweet bunny (who loves to come up for a pat, an ear rub and a few sultanas!)

When it got too cold we came in and I cooked paprika baked chicken, and garlic roast potatoes and vege, and anzacs and chocolate slice.  It felt so good to be home and simple and slow.
And now my head seems so much clearer and my body feels ready to tackle the challenges of the week ahead.


Happy Spring!
Nell
xxx

2 comments:

Kelly Casanova said...

Sounds lovely, isn't Spring wonderful?!

Lizzy said...

...reminds me of Neve the paraplegic wonder bunny! Those were the days. x