Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year, A New Knit..

I couldn't resist casting on this Olinda Cardigan by Georgie Hallam while Mum and Dad were down.  Because they were sleeping in my craftroom I was kind of having craft withdrawal symptoms so this sweet little bit of knitting took the pressure off.  The wool is my own homespun in a colourway called "Amelia" from kathy4fibres.com - don't fall in love with it because the colourway is no longer available.  This "Amelia" cardigan is being knitted for my sweet little Amelia who is my dear friend Lou's daughter.  There is something very satisfying about knitting a special project for a special person.  I'm up to the back shaping and can't wait to continue..

1 comment:

Kelly Casanova said...

It is a very lovely colour :) I knit an Olinda in my earlier days of knitting - I made it short sleeved because I was overwhelmed with the amount of knitting! It turned out lovely though and the recipient (one of my girls) wears it often.