Friday, January 17, 2014

Julie and Julia January Project 1

Finally a finished for Julie and Julia (I did actually begin socks for Hannah this month but found the pattern painful and had to rip them out at the heel so many times that the project has stalled!)  Adelaide had the dubious honour of being the world's hottest city yesterday which kind of makes knitting anything wooley a bit of a joke in January.

Hannah and I hit apon this idea in "Mollie Makes Christmas" quite some time ago and decided that it was a great way to use up old Creative Memories Christmas paper.  Some of the stars are handcut and some are cut on my cricut but either way it is kind of simple and home-made and should be a welcome addition to our Christmas decorating next year!

 
I also found a cotton washcloth buried at the bottom of my knitting basket so it has been finished off today too (and promptly claimed by the littlest pink princess).

Enjoy your weekend!
Keep smiling,
Nell

No comments: