Saturday, October 8, 2011

New Inspiration

I've just discovered this new blog treefalldesign.typepad.com and have enjoyed a pleasant half hour of oohing and ahhing over her beautiful children's clothes - I think it is mostly the colour combinations and patterns that I love, and that real sense of yesteryear simplicity.  Whatever it is, Manda McGrory makes making children's clothes look effortless and between her and Toni Coward they have me itching to clean off the scrapping table and get busy sewing for my girls.  WATCH THIS SPACE.

Oh, and I found it interesting that even someone that talented feels funny when they wear clothes they have made themself.  I can totally relate to that (which is one reason why I hardly ever sew for my self!)

I am happily stitching at a farmyard quilt from Alicia Paulson's book (destined for my bestie's 2nd baby) and tonight while I read craft mags in the bath I found the perfect pattern to use my stash of Dr Seuss fabric.  Now the big question is really what to work on next LOL

Tomorrow is The Patchwork Apple's Civil War Exhibition (at the Woodside Institute Hall)  I have seen several of these quilts and they are STUNNING.  Cannot wait to go and drool (and Jane will have the shop set up there too so if she happened to have the new Moda 3 Sisters Etchings in a Jelly Roll it might just have to come home with me)  Oh the possibilities!

Happy weekend!

No comments: