Monday, August 26, 2013

Getting Organized LOL

No photos to go with this post but I have a feeling that Spring is not far away in our corner of the world. My tulips are budding up, a lonely crocus is out, and my plum trees have their first blossoms.  Obviously we can feel the Spring in the air because there has been a flurry of activity around cleaning and moving furniture and sorting stuff out.  I have cleaned out boxes and boxes of "stuff" (mostly old CM stuff!) and it has been quite a cathartic process.  Tonight DH brought home a new t.v. cabinet (he recently won a t.v. that was too big for the cabinet we had) and so I have had to move my knitting basket and have a general re-sort (not funny to find lots of projects I had even forgotten I had!)
My craft room looks HUGE without its usual mess (although there are still plenty of corners to clean up and I haven't even looked at my sewing nook!)
There has also been a bit of scrapping - I am loving the Close to My Heart Ideas Books.  They have a "formula" for cutting different papers and putting them together in a snazzy layout.  I don't usually like to measure things but I am finding that the formulas are great for mixing together old CM papers and new CTMH papers.  Another thing I really like about CTMH is they have a real passion for double page layouts (which I also love!)  Re-organising my crafty room has gotten me re-inspired about sewing and quilting so I cannot wait for a few free days to get into it!  Alas, not this week, as I have 3 days of kindy work and a training and development day Friday!
Happy Monday to you - I hope you are seeing signs of Spring too!
Keep smiling,
Nell
xxx

No comments: