Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Through the Year SOM Blog Hop

Welcome to another Australasian Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.  Did you arrive here from Doreen's Blog?

This stamp set is so versatile and fun.  I am finding that the longer I scrapbook the less likely I am to put the exact date a photo was taken on my page.  In fact, my favourite pages sometimes have photos taken from lots of different dates, or from several occasions over the month.  That is why I think the "Through the Year" Stamp of the Month is going to get a real workout in this house.  I also love that the icons and the month titles are separate so we can match the icons up to our Australian seasons - sunny January and autumnal April. 

Unfortunately, for the last few years, the end of October, start of November have been totally crazy for me and not a lot of crafting time so my samples for how to use this one are a bit rushed.  I can totally see me creating a simple border and month title for a double page layout for each month of the 2018 year but it was never going to happen this week so I am sharing February, December and April with you!
Yep, bringing back the border again! I used Tangerine cardstock and 3 different shades of Autumnal ink.

Although you can't see it, I have raised up the red hearts with some of our foam tape (which I just seem to chew through - I love the stuff!)  I coloured the hearts with our shinhan Carmine marker. By the way, that little heart at the bottom of the "February" which you think is a design feature..covering a big splodge of ink - do not EVER feel like your pages need to be perfect.  Stamping can be a messy business and it is easy to fix mistakes.

If this layout looks familiar it is because it is from the Adventure Fundamentals Workshop handout. This is layout 1 using Beary Merry paper.  I really love the script that CTMH have used for our Month titles.

I've also used this stamp to make a couple of cute Christmas cards using some Beary Christmas scraps.  The little motifs work beautifully for all over random stamping.

Both of these cards make use of small scraps of paper and the cheery little "M" sized stamp sets which are a quick and affordable option for everyone.

Of course the main reason you need this stamp this month is the beautiful "Through the Year" calendar kits Close to My Heart have put together for us.  Who do you know that needs a personalised calendar with photos of their loved ones for 2018?  This is my husband's favourite gift each year - he loves to hang his at work so he can show off our three beautiful children (and being a family business, clients and staff have watched my children grow through the calendar pages since they were babies!)  To order your kit contact your consultant, or if you are one of my customers shop for it here: www.nellward.ctmh.com.au

I have only completed the first page so far but I think my husband is going to love my January page!

The great thing about this kit is that you can personalise it any way you like.  I made the stars drift down from the top of the page to the bottom.  If you are a person who likes to follow instructions then you just cut all of the included papers exactly the way they show you.  If (like me) you have trouble following instructions then just mix and match everything in the pack to make your own unique pages. 

So how will you use this stamp?
What gifts could you create with it?
How could you use those cute little icons?
For more wonderful ways to use this stamp head over toVandra's Blog
And until next time, may you carve out a space for scrapping in your busy, busy lives.
Keep smiling,
Nell

6 comments:

Papercrafting with Doreen said...

So many ideas, Nell! This stamp set is so versatile!

Shaunna Richards said...

I love this post - it shows us that paper crafting doesn't have to take lots of time.

Unknown said...

Great ideas and your first page of the calendar is lovely!

Doris Taylor said...

All great projects, the borders for your layouts are quick and easy, which we all need in our busy lives.

Anonymous said...

Wow for limited crafting time - you done a fab job of sharing your ideas.
Love how you shared the quick & simple ideas that can be done with the set.

Vandra said...

I really like your use of that little star stamp on the calendar.