Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Australasian Blog Hop - October 2019 Hawthorn

Well hello!
Welcome to our Australasian Blog Hop for October!
Did you arrive here from Maz's blog or are you a regular visitor? Either way I am happy to see you here and to showcase this month's Close to My Heart feature paper pack "Hawthorn"
I adore the colours in this one - rich Autumnal tones (which perfectly match a lot of my wardrobe)  Clearly I am not the only one who loves these colours as at a recent Close To My Heart Event several of my friends and our beautiful president were all wearing Hawthorn colours!

It really is a very versatile and easy to use pack and I love how it works for more masculine pages too!

First up, the Craft With Heart Subscription pages - if you haven't yet signed up for Craft With Heart I really can recommend it.  These pages come together so quickly and easily and really need only your favourite adhesive.  Because there are two double page layouts for each month you end up with a stunning album at the end of the year for less than a dollar a day!  You may notice that I rotated the pages to work for my portrait photos. 



Next are pages from our Make it From Your Heart Volume 3 page 6. 
This is a great layout for adding flip flaps to get extra photos onto your page.  I love the way the leaves from this month's Stamp of the Month worked in so well on this one (and how amazing is our new "Paprika" cardstock?)  The really great thing about this layout is that it really only needs one strip of 4 x 12" patterned paper and a couple of teeny strips - a great layout to do right at the end of a scrapping session to use up those last few precious bits!

The plaid in this pack works really well for my daughter's school uniform so it was easy to modify the Hawthorn Scrapbooking workshop kit to suit her school album.
Lastly a couple of quick, masculine cards using our stitched frames and the Hawthorn Cardmaking Stamp set (C1798) which has a great range of masculine images.  The thank you card used up some scrappy zip strips and offcuts from Hawthorn and Mix In papers and the "Thank" was cut out from the "Thankful" stickers in the Craft With Heart Subscription pages while the "you" was stamped.  I like to get extra mileage out of my scrapping supplies so if ever a title or embellishment doesn't work on its intended page then you just use it somewhere else!


I hope you enjoy using Hawthorn as much as I did.  Don't forget to put in an order with your consultant as this one will be gone for good at the end of the month!
Now hop on over to Lauren's blog to see what she has been busy creating.
Until next time,
Happy scrapping,
Nell

6 comments:

Papercrafting with Doreen said...

You have been busy, Nell. I love all your projects! The papers certainly are versatile! Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Love the versatility in our layouts, great use of Hawthorn.. Kylie Sullivan

Dannii @ Scrappychicks said...

These Look Great Nell. Well done. xxx Dannii

Doris Taylor said...

Some really great ideas, I think I will find lots of inspiration from your lovely layouts.

Kylie McLoughlin said...

Wowsies... I can’t believe you have already done pages from the weekend... How great are they on your pages!!! Perfect colouring... xo

Maz said...

Glad you are back joining us as I always love how you make so many projects & provide lots of inspiration & you done it again.