Thursday, January 5, 2023

Taking stock January Edition

These are always fun to look back on!

I’m definitely in holiday mode right now. This is my current view..

I love the afternoon light in this room. I’m resisting packing away the Christmas quilt from our bed. I really need to clean knitting projects off my chair so that I can sit there and write or read.

Anyhow..
Making: acrylic charity hats for Bags with Dignity
Getting: tired in the afternoons (nana nap anyone?)
Cooking: boringly mundane meals, spag bol, curries, mash and vege

Sipping: too much - need a few alcohol free days me thinks
Reading: Lights Out Liverpool (enjoyed so need to find the sequel)
Thinking: I need to get my brain in Kindy Director mode. Lazy holiday days are numbered.
Remembering: That I still need to post some Christmas presents
Looking: At windows that need washing and floors that need vacuuming.
Listening: to the birdsong, so many birds now
Wishing: Peace for this year
Enjoying: extra knitting time, and time in my garden
Appreciating: quiet time
Wanting: the cleaning fairy to visit
Eating: too much chocolate (put on 3 kilos over Christmas when I was doing so well before that!)
Finishing: a few WIPS and odd jobs
Liking: the possibility of baby cuddles soon
Loving: my new wisteria pergola
Buying: bunny hay and tomato seedlings - if they all grow we will have tomatoes coming out our ears
Watching: daggy movies on Netflix just for glimpses of Italy

Hoping: the cleaning fairy visits
Wearing: summer dresses despite it not being summer weather - thank goodness for cardigans
Walking: nope. Should be though. I miss it.
Thinking: I should clean out the pantry
Noticing: I am lacking motivation for aforesaid task
Saving: breadtags and soft plastics 

Waiting: for Summer weather
Wanting: my craftroom magically clean and organised
Coveting: Nothing really - just loving the feeling of abundance in my own life atm.
Feeling: Loved and lucky

Happy Thursday to you,
Keep smiling,
Nell
Xx


No comments: