Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hello to Quilty Friends and gluten free brownies!

Sorry, no pictures this time but wanted to say a big hello to my quilting friends from Apple Pieces II who have just found out I have a blog and promised to check it out! We had a lovely day at the Patchwork Apple yesterday. They are such a lovely bunch to work with and I am always inspired by our collective wisdom and quilting abilities (that said I am definitely the amateur of the group!) These girls are all so productive that they make me want to finish things so today I finished one hat for new baby Asha (my friend Kelli's 3 day old daughter) and I also finished Asha's giraffe. Last night I put the binding on our bed quilt so now I am just waiting for a really good movie to get it stitched down and finished!

While we were stitching yesterday I met two more bloggers in the shop - the internet is definitely making the world a smaller place hey?!

Anyway, just for the Apple Piecers, here is the gluten free brownie recipe!

200g ground pecans or almonds or hazelnuts (I used almonds)
1/2 cup rice flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cups sugar
250 g melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 eggs
200g chopped milk chocolate

Combine ground almonds, rice flour, cocoa and sugar in bowl and make a well in the centre.
Add cooled melted butter, vanilla and eggs.
Stir, then add chocolate and stir again.
Spoon mix into a greased and lined slice tray. Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.

Recipe from Country Style Magazine November 2003.

I do have some photos of recent projects but that will have to wait until later on in the week!
Keep smiling,
Nell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nell just trying this again maybe i need some lessons regards gerrie

The Patchwork Apple- Jane..... Visit www.patchworkapple.com said...

Hey Nell, Thanks for that ghastly brownie recipe.
I love them! but I think I did over indulge the other day with that last bit, you left me...
cheers Jane
The Patchwork Apple