Friday, July 31, 2009

Finished projects

This is the finished quilt for my dearest bestest buddy Ness who is being induced with her first baby on Monday (lucky I finished the quilt early as bubs was supposed to put in an appearance in mid August!)


When Moda brought out the first collection of the Urban Sweet range I used it for my niece's baby quilt and I loved it so much that when the second range came out I bought a layer cake to do Nessie's quilt and our own baby quilt. The pattern is a hybrid of Leanne Beasley's "Quilt for Ruth" and Bronwyn Hayes' stitcheries from "Little Chicken Feather". Some of the sayings like "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much" are favourites that mean something to me. I really enjoyed this project, I think because it was stitching from the heart - this quilt is for a really special baby and her/his really special mum.


I even put a quilt label on the back so that we can write a message once we know bubby's name - I was proud of this small detail as I'm normally not one for the finer details like labels! Now I can get started on our baby's quilt using a pinwheel pattern interspersed with stitchery squares - and yes it will have my favourite red spotty border as well!
Last photo is a finished UFO. This is a Melly and Me pattern, "Acute" who has been sitting unstuffed and unfinished on my sewing table until a recent clean up. He is a great pattern for using up small scraps. Did you notice the lovely pile of tone-on-tone fabric he is perched on? I was a lucky winner at Jane's Christmas Gathering last weekend - lovely to add to my stash. I felt thoroughly spoilt!!!
Must go and entertain the cherubs.
Keep smiling,
Nell








1 comment:

Nic Wood said...

Nell that quilt is just gorgeous - I bet she cries when you give it to them. The stitchery looks awesome, and Im in love with the little birdie lable - very cute!!!!

Nic xxx