Thursday, February 25, 2010

Discussions with a School Girl

Oh how quickly they grow up once they start school.  Day two of school Hannah came home and announced "Today at lunch it was so cool...we started a secret club!"  She must have seen the alarmed look on my face (is this the start of all that nasty exclusionary peer pressure stuff?) because she straight away said "but don't worry Mum, we invited everyone to be in it!"
"So what do you do in the secret club?" I asked.
"Oh, I don't know, we haven't worked that out yet!"
The next day she came home and excitedly told me that she had been put in charge of making flower chains and leaf chains.  "Did you know that you could make leaf chains just like you make daisy chains Mummy?"

This morning, as she was supposed to be finishing her breakfast she says: "Do you know I know how to do pole dancing Mummy?"
I once again looked alarmed.
"Yes" she said, "I learnt it at school!"
The mind boggles!
On a totally unrelated topic The Handmaden is giving away one of her lovely dolls through http://www.grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com/ I love these Steiner inspired dolls!  Must make one for Maddie when she gets a bit older!

Hoping to get to my quilting this weekend then  I might have finished items to show LOL
Keep smiling,
Nell

No comments: