Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Silent Journey

I am always in awe of ordinary people that do amazing, selfless things with their lives.  One of the greatest joys I have had through my contact with Creative Memories is the many beautiful stories and the many amazing things some consultants are doing.  One such special person is a consultant in my team, Felicity Stanway. 
Felicity has just finished riding her horse, Rascal, from Kapunda to Willunga, a distance of about 270 kilometres, over nine days, on the Kidman Trail.  She called her ride "The Silent Journey" as she was riding to raise awareness for those bereaved by suicide.  Felicity's ride marked the 10 year anniversary of her Dad's death by suicide.  Such a gutsy, determined and difficult thing to do.  I am in awe.
If you feel the need to get involved please look up "The Silent Journey" on facebook or the Silent Ripples Support Group.
Whilst my own children are still too young to understand, I took them down to meet Felicity and Rascal when they were stopped overnight in our home town.  We foolishly took carrot and apple for Rascal (forgetting that he recently had a freak accident which has resulted in his jaw being wired)  Luckily Felicity was able to cut the pieces small enough and the kids could feed him!

Congratulations Felicity - what a wonderful adventure!

No comments: