Sunday, August 5, 2012

July Finishes

This morning, while the kids played Pirates, I stitched up all my finished but not seamed knitting!  "Listening" to Pirate Play is preferrable to watching it as I always feel compelled to say "Please don't swing from the curtain rod" or "Don't make your baby sister walk the plank!" whereas when you listen to it you can just enjoy the "Land Ahoy!" and "look lively lads" with Maddie's sweet little pirate chatter of "I'm going to bed now, I am berry sleepy!" interspersed through the pirate phrases! When you are 2 and a half your play scripts tend to revolve around sleeping or eating or going to the bakery for hot chocolate!
Anyway, I digress!  This is a baby hat and adult mittens in "Ivy" (which was also the first wool I learned to Navaho ply)  Not really my colours so destined for sale or the present box.
A present for my friend's newborn daughter Violet.  This is a bunny/merino blend plied with a straight "fairies" merino and soooooo soft and squooshy.  I love the way the bunny creates a fuzzy halo!

My July Quilt Finish was this small wall quilt for the AMQF Alzheimers Benefit.  The theme was "memory" and because my sweet Nanny has all but lost hers I made my quilt with a goat and donkey to represent "Green Acres" which was Nanny and Grandad's farm (a place I have very fond childhood memories of)  I don't like the challenge colours and I have never liked deadlines so this quilt was a tough one to do.

Lastly I finished off a cushion for Maddie's room using the leftover fabric from her quilt, and a pillow for my craft room using the leftovers from the couch quilt.  I love the way Maddie tries to muscle in on every photo!


And just in case, like me, you can't get enough of red and aqua - check out my little piece of loveliness in my Happy Place - makes me happy just walking into that room!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend and celebrating your finishes too!

2 comments:

Frogs 'n' Fairies said...

Just had a wonderful weekend at Healesville, (remember when) Your little Maddie is becoming a real beautie. Love to all Jude xxx

AJ said...

That is a lot of finishes! Well Done! YOur link on my blog didn't work but you have a ticket anyway!