Wednesday, March 1, 2017

CTMH SOM Tea-rrific Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to our Australasian Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month blog hop.  If you are here from http://laurenctmhcraftings.blogspot.com/2017/03/s1703-tea-rrific-ctmh-australasian-blog.html then welcome.  Also a big hello to those who have arrived here by accident and also to my long time readers.  I hope you are enjoying these blog hops?

So how was your February? Tea-rrific I hope!  March's SOM involves something dear to my heart - tea-cups with sweet sentiments about friends and Mothers!  Now I love a good cup of tea, especially in the company of dear friends. My two current favourites are the T2 Blue Mountain tea and a Dilmah one called "Rose with French Vanilla" which is undeniably girly and sweet.  I will admit that this stamp takes a bit more playing with than some but I am pretty happy with the way I have been able to use it.

First up is a sweet and simple card using our Dreamin' Big paper range with a scrap of leftover Sugar Rush.  I used sea glass paper and ink and our new Circle thin cuts.  I employed a little trick taught to me many, many years ago by the talented Chris Lothian (her blog is in my blog list on the right) If you want a small edge/border around something but don't have coordinating thin cuts or fancy edging tools just use your micro tip scissors and take random little snips to make a pretty random scallop type edge - super quick and effective. Dreamin' Big is our feature paper pack this month so be sure to go blog hopping on March 15 to see more of this beautiful paper!



The two little tags (because yes I am still a bit obsessed with using my scraps to make tags) were actually coloured in by my girls.  Maddie has decided she would like her very own set of Shinhan markers as they are "the best pens EVER" (high praise from a 7 year old stationery junkie!)


The next page used a masking technique with a post it note at the bottom of the tea cup stack so that I could have them go right down the page.



The last page is an important one to me.  A couple of years ago I did an online class with Stacey Julian. She really helped me to let go of being so chronological in my albums but she also helped me to think about the stories that I wanted to tell, that maybe needed to be told, in my albums.  This is a page that fits into that philosophy. I cannot stress to my customers enough the importance of journalling your memories, especially when they are about something or someone important to you. My challenge to you this month is to make a layout that is not about "art" but about "heart" - that tells an important story.  In years to come you will be glad that you did!
Can you see how that bigger teacup just fits a little sentiment or a sweet heart sticker nicely? And it would work well stamped and fussy cut on all sorts of patterned paper - think about a small floral? Or spots? So many possibilities! I can't wait to use this stamp for a sweet Mother's Day card at my card buffet this month!

Happy March Folks.
Don't forget to leave me a comment and now finish off that cup of tea and head over to http://expressionsofthe-heart.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-2017-tea-rrific-ctmh-australasian.html
Until next time,
Happy Scrapping,
Nell
xx

6 comments:

Lauren said...

You have been busy with this stamp set! I love your idea of using the teacup with patterned paper- I may be using that!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Super cute page border!

Maz said...

Fab ideas, love the scrapbook layouts & wonderful story of your Grandparents.

Doris Taylor said...

I totally agree with your thoughts on journaling, it is so important. Your projects are all gorgeous.

Denise Tarlinton said...

All of your projects are cute, cute, cute. Thank you for sharing. :)

Vandra said...

I Love your page border with ALL the cups stacked up. Its amazing and I've shared it with my weekly card making class.