Monday, January 25, 2010

Little Bits of Time

I recently read ANOTHER organising/decluttering book (which I'm not going to name or even recommend as the cold-hearted woman suggested such horrendous things as not displaying any of your photos on the walls, and not keeping any precious baby things, and she is definitely not the type of person that would appreciate my secondhand blue jugs fetish!)  Anyway, one thing she did was list the jobs that could be accomplished in 2 minutes, and the jobs that could be accomplished in 5 minutes, and in 10.  It was kind of useful because I could see that some of the jobs that I loathe really do only take a couple of minutes (or maybe a couple more) to do.  Bearing this in mind I am trying to just unpack the dishwasher and the drying rack every morning while the jug boils because it really only takes two minutes.

One job that really doesn't take 2, or 5, or 10 minutes is feeding Maddie and I need to just remember that this is not forever and quit trying to balance her with one hand and do stuff with the other!  She really doesn't feed as well when I'm reconstructing a lego castle or checking my emails!  With the whole lack of time thing in mind I've used my Creative Memories hexagon punch and scrap cardstock to make a heap of paper templates for some paper piecing and then rough cut a heap of hexagons from my scrap fabric box and I'm going to have a go at paper-piecing some grandma's flower gardens to applique onto cushions and teatowels etc.  Figure it will be a good take anywhere project and I might get something done while I'm waiting for Hannah at the school gates.  Handwork is definitely the way to go at the moment!

Corey, from the beautiful http://www.dutchblue.blogspot.com/ is having a Spring Swap so being a glutton for punishment I've signed up!  If anyone can tell me how to put her button on my blog I'd be grateful!
Hope your Australia Day is a good one!
Keep smiling,
Nell

1 comment:

corry said...

Hello Nell, if you still like to join our swap please send an email to dutchsisters@live.nl with your name and address. groeten, Corry